Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 47 3/8/2010 still not talking about the right day here

Day 36 2/25/2010

This was another extremely busy day. We didn't do much else except try to get our work done on our project that was due that day. We had game history in the morning. After that we grabbed lunch and we worked. That was what the afternoon ended up being like. Talking to our group and getting our stuff done. I was the official render-er. I cranked them out. Although I was getting irritated because they wouldn't put the files I wanted in the right folders. So I would have to go find them. After that was done we had to present over the internet for the final time for that project and we were finished. That was the entire day cut down to a paragraph. It wasn't a really exciting day.


Day 37 2/26/2010

This day was Friday and we didn't have any class luckily. I ended up sleeping most of the day like I usually do when I don't have class. Like I said I slept most of the day. I also spent part of the day going through my souvenirs and talking to both mom and Sean. I didn't do much else for that day. Also I forgot to mention that during the day I got some help from one of the student workers. He called the Cologne Airport to see what I needed to do to get my ipod back. He called the airliner first and they gave him a number to call. Then he called them for me. Finally I was able to get some instructions in order to get my ipod back. That was when I decided to make planes with Alvaro, and David to go to Cologne so while we were there I could get my ipod.


Day 38 2/27/2010

Today was a good day. I had made plans the day before to meet up with Alvaro and David so we could go to Cologne and find stuff to do. So at around 10 I left the house to meet up with them at 11 at the hauptbahnhof. I waited for them and finally David showed up and told me that Alvaro had missed his bus so he would be a little late. After he got there we caught our train to Cologne. This time I handled the tickets and we didn't get charged un-necessarily. When we got there the first thing that we wanted to do was to go get some food. I had a restaurant that I found in my book we tried to find. Once we did find it, down one of the roads near the dom, they decided that it was too expensive and that they wanted to find a different place to eat. This was after we walked all the way to the Rhine and back looking for the place. We ended up going down several more streets then into a shopping center. When we were in there we found a Chinese food buffet and decided that that would do. We grabbed some food and then finally decided what we wanted to do and off we went. First we went down stairs to the grocery store to get some bottles of soda to drink for the day. I got a big bottle of Sprite. Then we were off again. The first place we went was a museum. Another amazing place. This building was built around the dining room floor of a Roman Villa found in 1944 when they were trying to build a bomb shelter. They didn't move it when they built the building so it is in its original location. They also had tons of Pottery and glass jars. There were busts and statues of course. They also had pieces of buildings. The other really neat thing that I spent a lot of time looking at was the jewelery and the statutes that they had from all over the place. There were statues not only from Roman Gods but also from Persian and Egyptian gods. David and Alvaro ended up waiting for me because I walk so slowly through these places. It was just a really interesting place and I loved that place more than most other places. When we finished there we walked around some more. We went over to the old town to see if we could find some buildings to look at and we also we walked down the river to see if there was another museum we might want to go look in. We got there and went inside and it was sweltering hot. Then we looked at the price and it was 7.50 Euro to go in. Again if you didn't notice from earlier David and Alvaro are kinda cheap. We didn't go in because they didn't want to spend that much money. I milled around while they checked out the chocolate store inside the museum. Then we walked back to the Dom and the hauptbahnhof. That was when we went our separate ways. This was when I decided to head to the flughafen (airport) to see if I could get my ipod back. So I gave then the group ticket that I bought earlier that day and then I bought myself a ticket to go to the airport then back to Bonn from Cologne. I grabbed the train to the airport. When I got there I followed the instructions to get to the building I needed to get to. When I got there I realized that the worker didn't speak English. This was a frustrating 20 minutes while I worked out what he wanted and then, he asked for my passport... Guess what I left. You guessed it. So crap I had no way to identify myself except my Texas Drivers License. I showed him that but he didn't understand that it was my id and not my credit card or something. I kept trying to tell him that it was my id. then he needed my Bonn address and I didn't have that so I had to give him the address to AIB which I figured was good enough. I gave him what I could give him because I didn't always know what he wanted. I also ended up giving him my drivers license number because I didn't have my passport. After that I went right back to the train platform to catch the train first to Cologne Central Station then to Bonn. While I was riding the train my ipod ended up dying. It was a really good thing that it died then and not while I was still at the airport because he needed to see something on the ipod that proved it was mine. There really isn't anything like that on an ipod. I purposely left off personal information. But I found on the 'About' page that it said 'Hali's Ipod.' So luckily he took that as enough identification. Well I got back to Bonn and met with the guys at the AIB building. I kinda wish I had just gone home because I was wanting to go to a birthday party that one of the guys was throwing but he didn't invite me and he wouldn't answer his phone so I couldn't find out if he was ok if I came so I ended up just sitting up at the AIB talking to Sean on the computer. After a couple of hours I headed. home. The reason I didn't go home right away is because I had told my host mom that I was going to the birthday party and wasn't able to meet with someone she wanted me to meet. But, it ended up working ok. I came home and stayed up for a while again reading and talking to Sean then bed.


Day 39 2/28/2010

This was the last day of February and a Sunday. I didn't do much and nothing really happened. I didn't go anywhere and Trudy's mom didn't come over...Lets see. What else did I not do? haha. I just organized and lazed because I had no homework.


Day 40 3/1/2010

Well this was our first day of two weeks worth of videography. We had a lecture for the first class he gave us notes and began to tell us the basics that we need to know for videography. That was how we spent the morning then we had lunch and it was time for our last video game class till after Spring Break. We were suppose to have another one on Wednesday but he canceled. Trisha and Catie presented and we were able to talk about the point and click adventures that they presented. It was yet again quite an interesting class. After that we had nothing to do but fart around. I messed with my computer till I felt like going home. Same stuff happened at home as every night. Also mom sent a package out to me that I should have got by the next Monday but (Today is Monday I haven't got it yet).


Day 41 3/2/2010

Finally I've got caught up to under a week from being behind. YAY!! and now I don't want to write anymore. I finish tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment