Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 78, 3/8/2010

Ignore the post day I did this on the long train ride to Berlin so I wrote all this two days ago.


Day 60, 3/21/2010


Finally it was time to go home. We didn’t really want to go home but all of us were tired and we didn’t have anything planned for the day so we woke up a little later that usual and packed our stuff then we headed over to the other building before taking our stuff to check out, so we could eat breakfast. Then we went back and grabbed our stuff and went straight back to the main building. We hauled all our stuff up the stairs because, if I didn’t mention before, the office for the hostel was up on the second floor which here in Europe actually means the third floor. So we checked out and headed toward the trains to head over to the Spanish Steps. This was the only thing we planned on seeing that day and it worked out that we had several hours before we needed to get to the airport. So when we got to the steps we ooed and ahed then sat down for the time that we were there. At about lunch time we decided to head to the famous McDonalds and I was so incredibly disappointed because it wasn’t the famous place that I remember from the television show. I was very, very disappointed. The nice thing was that it was still cool and we could eat there. So we had some ‘good’ food. Then after sitting there for a while we headed to the metro so we could go to Termini that would eventually take us to the airport. So when we got there and paid for our tickets we sat outside waiting for the train. After a while the train came and off we went to the airport. We did the usual thing to get in. Once we were in we had to wait for a long while because they wouldn’t let us check into our plane until at least two hours before the flight. This was one of the things that made us swear up and down we would avoid using Easy Jet ever again. However, I would use it again later in the semester to go to London. So we finally were able to check in after sitting there waiting for the line to open. When we got through security and finally got to our gate we found out that the plane was delayed for 2 ½ hours, yet again. So we sat there like everyone does in an airport and waited, and waited. Eventually we were able to go but they had moved gates so everyone moved over there like a giant herd of sheep. It was quite annoying because these planes were first come first serve when it came to sitting where you wanted so people rush to get in line so they can get the seats they want. After we got through the gate we headed down to wait for the buses. Yet again more waiting. It seems that everything with Easy jet is hurry up and wait. At least this time people weren’t already through the gate before they found a problem like when we flew out of Paris to get to Rome. We got onto the buses that headed to the plane and found seats. When we were almost all the way to Dusseldorf they decided to re-route us to Cologne due to high winds in the Dusseldorf airport. We were happy about it because it helped us out however everyone else was quite upset about it because this was not the destination that they wanted. So we headed to the baggage claim grabbed my bag then on to the train station so we could catch a train home. First we had to ride a train to the Cologne Hauptbahnhof then to Bonn. It took forever because when we got to the Cologne Hauptbahnhof it was another hour before we would actually be able to get on a train to Bonn. Again more waiting. By the time we actually got to Bonn it was almost midnight even though we were supposed to be there at around 7 in the evening. Finally we all made it to our homes respectively. I hate how traveling takes all day. So when I got home I got ready for bed and messed with my computer for a little while then to sleep at around 1:30 in the morning.


Day 61, 3/22/2010


Well school starts again. Spring Break was the best one of my life. Especially when compared to today. This was torture. First the day started with Game History. A class I quite enjoy, however, I don’t like starting class this early. We didn’t have any presentations that day luckily so it was all just discussion. I think we talked about Demoscene if I remember correctly. Later that day after lunch we had our first studio in a while. This was one that we had to give a pin-up for but nobody had anything different, at least not really. I, literally, made a power point in about 10 minutes before class because of how late it was when we got back. I didn’t have much to show. I drew out a concept while we were in the Game History class. On a side note, I don’t know why they call it Game history class. It’s more like a game culture class because we talk about the genres and the current situation in gaming. So anyway, we did the pin up and right after that we just worked on whatever it was we needed to do for our project. Colton and I went out to different locations trying to find a good location for our time-laps. We also got Arianne and Lars, our directors, involved to help us get permission to film from one of the buildings in the Markt Platz. However, we would later find out that nobody was willing to allow us into their building as early as we needed to be there. So we came back to the AIB slightly worried because we need our filming done before it gets too late in the semester. After that we were done for the day. I stayed at the school for a little while working on the storyboard and trying to get something to show on our next pin up. Then, I headed home for the day. I did the usual for the night with homework added to the mix rather than just messing with the internet.


Day 62, 3/23/2010


This was a good day. All we had was a company visit and that was about it. The visit was in Cologne so we met at the Hauptbahnhof in our usual location at about 10. At least everyone else did. I was running late so I just barely caught the train right before it pulled out of the station. Another lucky break on my part. This was a nice company visit because it was an interesting one. They didn’t work on any games that I know but they had a few on their shelves that I wouldn’t mind having. Like Zoo Tycoon. They specialized in Ds and ipod applications. They also openly offered us an internship there which we all found very surprising because we don’t usually get offered something like that. I don’t know if any one took him up on his offer but it was nice none the less. Another really neat thing was that they had a full recording studio. That was amazing. I’ve never seen one before. Although this one was rather unconventional because of the way it was set up. The place clearly wasn’t built for a sound studio. Another random thing that they offered to us was to be a speaker on one of their language applications. I don’t know if anyone actually did this either. After the company visit we were done for the day at least officially. They still wanted us to go to the AIB to work but I went home I wanted to head home for the day so I did. When I got there I changed into my pjs and sat on the couch for the rest of the afternoon and evening working and messing with my comp. Then the usual for the evening before I went to sleep.


Day 63, 3/24/2010


Well I don’t really remember how this day started I suppose the usual of me getting up taking a shower, the usual morning stuff then heading to the train station to catch my train like every morning. I liked this day because it was another one of our short get a project done days. This was a week long workshop so we would have four projects done by the end of the semester. Actually the week long workshop turned out to just be a couple of days. These were incredibly long days as well because of the time we had to do it in. We started at 8:45 in the morning and went until 6 in the evening or sometimes later. The first day was exclusively initial ideas we had to get our project first then figure out what it was. Ours was if IKEA decided to make an airplane to sell to the public. We changed it later to a flying machine, like a helicopter. We started with drawings and sketches all over the white board. We were just a group of five so it wasn’t too bad. It was me, Trisha, Garrett, Colton, and David. So that first day was all devoted to ideas. By the end of that long day we had one because we only have the two days to do it. That evening Colton got our models for the project done so we could put it in an advertisement. After that we didn’t do anything else for the rest of the evening. I went home did the usual and went to bed.


Day 64, 3/25/2010


This was another long day of the workshop we worked on getting it finished so we could present it the next day. All we had to do was the outlines for the advertisement and the ‘Assembly booklet.’ That was what the day was devoted to, was just working to get the thing finished. We worked WAY late that day to make sure it was finish. I didn’t do anything else special except take a break in the middle of the day for lunch. After we FINALLY finished whatever we could that day we headed home. I did the usual then went to sleep.


Day 65, 3/26/2010


This was a free day. We had school. We presented in the morning then the rest of the day was up to us. I don’t remember much about the day because nothing of note happened. I did get invited to go to town the next day by Michelle, The sixteen year old that I met a couple of weekends ago. Other than that I think I just messed with my computer. Doing homework and what not.


Day 66, 3/27/2010


Yay, Saturday. I don’t have many of these left here in Bonn… Well I told Michelle that I would meet her at the train station at one so I got up around 11 to get ready. Then the train was supposed to be at 3 past one so I made sure I was at the station by then. I sat there waiting for the train I didn’t know which one to get one and I wish she had gotten off to say hey I’m here, but she didn’t and the train was late so I didn’t know which one to get on so I waited more. Eventually I called Trudy and asked if she could get her number because I didn’t have it. Trudy called her parents then called me back. This whole time I was sitting and reading in the train station at Tannenbusch Mitte. So I now had her number and decided to give her a call. It wasn’t hard to get a hold of her, she answered on the first ring. I told her where I was and we found a place that would be best to meet up. We decided to meet up at the Hauptbahnhof in the main part where the trains let you out. So off on the train I went. When I got there I was walking to the main entrance when I saw her out of the corner of my eye. I almost missed her. If there had been just a few more people between us I don’t think I would have seen her at all. But I did and off we went to walk and talk. First we just walked around mostly near Munster Platz and the Cathedral. At one point my host sister came out of nowhere and jumped on me. It was quite amusing. After that we decided to get something to eat but I had to go to the bank first. So we stopped by there then we headed toward Subway. That was where I wanted to eat because I miss it from home. We sat down in the place for a while to eat and talk more. After a while we got bored of sit and went out to walk some more. Eventually we wanted to go somewhere so we decided to go to her house for a little while. So we found a bus stop so we could ride all the way over to her neighborhood. That was nice we went to her house first so I could go to the restroom and meet her parents. Then we walked around her neighborhood for a while and down to the river. Then we walked to the train stop so I could go home. I got home at about 4. After that my host mom invited me on a walk with her and the family that has the dog names Selena, the same family that we went to the park to play in the snow earlier this semester. After that I really need to work so I got on the comp and worked for a while. Then sleep.


Day 67, 3/28/2010


This was Sunday. Again I didn’t need to do anything so I slept most of the day. I actually slept way later than I wanted to. I was really mad at myself for doing that. As soon as I was up for the day I went down stairs to work on my homework for a while. I didn’t do anything at all for most of the day. I have nothing else to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment