Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 26 2/14/2010

Happy Valentines Day!!! Or preferably Happy Chinese New Year.

Day 15 2/4/2010

This was yet another boring day we did nothing but school. Boring day really. I spent the afternoon working on our project yet more talking and modeling. Also we had German class to start the day. Don't remember much else but i do know I probably came home and tried to talk to Sean but I can't remember if this is one of the days that I didn't get to talk to him. Other than that uneventful.


Day 16 2/5/2010

This was a boring day as well I woke up around noon to get ready and meet up with my group to go to the Haribo Factory. Or, I should say, what I thought was going to be the Haribo Factory. Most of us were under the impression that we would be going to the factory not just the store, but as it turns out they just meant the store. We were suppose to have a workshop that morning but it was postponed to another day so we had the day free. We went in and just browsed and shopped for whatever we wanted. It ended up being the best thing ever. I got some peach gummies that ended up being like the peach rings I eat at home. mmmmmm they were sooooo goooodd. That was the only thing I did during the day. After the factory I came back to my house for a while. My host mom, Trudy, made a really good dinner of Stuffed bell pepper. I talked to her boyfriend, John again because I'd briefly met him before. Right after that I had to run because I told Catie and Trisha that I would meet them at the Train Station at around 8:15 and it was 8:15 when I left for the station. I wasn't too late though and we headed to town. We walked around for a while trying to find a place that their host dad had told them about. We didn't find that place but we decided to stop at another place called "Habeneros" I don't know if I spelled that right. Anyway. I ordered a Strawberry Pina Colada. Trisha ordered a beer and Catie ordered a Grasshopper. We finally were able to talk about why Catie was having a problem with me going with them over spring break. I think that the reason is so stupid that I don't want to even repeat it here. Anyway, we got a big kick out of some Cheese cream and chips because it was like queso but they didn't call it queso. It was weird. Right after that we headed home through University/Markt rather than walking all the way back to the Hauptbahnhof. I guess not back we didn't even stop their when we headed out. I came back and went to bed after messing with my Farmville.


Day 17 2/6/2010

I'm still just trying to catch up..
Today I did some stuff but nothing big. I woke up late first of all. Then after getting ready my host mom, sister and I headed to a parade in the old village where she used to live that is not a part of Bonn. She pointed out her old school and where Vanessa went to Kindergarden and we just stood around freezing waiting to watch the train. I spoke, through my host mom, to a few people. One woman offered me a beer which I accepted, then she gave me some sprite. Again, I was grateful. At one point Trudy and I went and bought some food for me because silly me didn't eat any lunch. I was glad when the parade finally started because I was very very cold. Trudy's mom ended up going up to her home in which we were standing in front up and getting me a jacket and some gloves. The parade was fun because they kept throwing candy. I didn't really want any but Trudy and her mom insisted. They gave me a bunch that I didn't want. I ended up taking it to Vanessa asking her to take what she wanted and giving the rest to her mom. The parade was fun. It was fun to watch all the people dressed up in costumes. We watched until the whole thing had passed then we went up to Trudy's mom's place for coffee, talking and cake. I was carrying up some of the schnapps glasses and I dropped them right at the door. I have no idea how but I didn't have a good grip or something because they just fell. I really really hate being accident prone/a klutz. Anyway, we all sat down including a few other family members that I didn't know. One of Trudy's Aunts, again her mom and her great aunt. As well as, her cousin and I think Uncle. I never got the relation for the oldest gentleman. Anyway we talked and I listened most of the time. I was able to have a good conversation with Trudy's cousin and we talked about different things. Trudy's mom served a cherry cake/pie and a orange ma-range cream pie. It was wonderful.. I loved the orange one the most. I spent the first part of the evening in the living room with Vanessa and one of her friends sorting the candy that Trudy and her mom got me because I knew there would be something in there that I might like. Sadly, there really wasn't anything that I wanted. Right after that is when I joined the adults for the coffee and cake. We talked for hours. It was just like the first time at our house. After that we took her great aunt home because we had picked her up on the way there and we came home. I didn't do much after that except sleep.

Day 18 2/7/2010

This day I don't remember much detail for the morning. I got up and got ready then immediately went to the train. I met up with the rest of the group at the Main station again where we met on the first day there in the foyer. We were on our way to Dusseldorf for a Soccer game today, on Sunday oddly enough. So this was the first time I near any stores on Sunday. It was EMPTY. It was like all the people were abducted or something. Well I caught the train and met everybody in the main station where we met on the first day of the trip. We waited for one more person and in that time I grabbed a pretzel. Then we were able to get the train. I sat with David and Trisha on the way there going through my iPod trying to sort and delete all the stupid games that were on there. Finally I was able to go through them all and I wasn't feeling guilty for not doing something else, like homework. Well when we got to Dusseldorf we grabbed another train that would take us to the stadium. That was jammed packed with people. There were people everywhere and most of them were singing something that had to do with the team, which ever team. We walked into the stadium I got separated at one point for a short while but one call to Alvaro remedied that. Then we walked up to our seats. It was high but not too far away. And the game began.

damn it i'm not going to finish again.

No comments:

Post a Comment